Detained gubernatorial aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State, Farah Dagogo, has appeared in court.

He was brought to court Friday by the police, but his lawyers were curiously absent, reports reaching our news desk say.

There are hints that there may have been a change in the date set for the trial of the case.

Farah who has been held in police custody since he was picked up, some eyewitnesses revealed, was allegedly lifted into the courtroom by three policemen.

Our sources say the federal lawmaker was apparently unable to stand on his two feet, when the matter came up for mention in court.

The presiding Judge, Justice Chiwendu Nwogu, who adjourned to Monday next week said in his pronouncement that Dagogo who has been with the police would be remanded, this time, at the Port Harcourt Correctional Centre.

When the matter is eventually called up for the next hearing, the lawmaker who is fighting for his freedom would be expected to appear from the correctional facility to answer to allegations preferred against him.

Ibrahim Lawal, Special Adviser, Media and Publicity to Dagogo noted in his reaction that his principal was taken to court in spite of his deteriorating health.

A statement issued by Dagogo’s Spokesman shortly after the court session, said the High Court had earlier adjourned to May 16, 2022.

He claimed that the matter was rather brought to court on Friday.

Lawal also explained that lawyers representing the federal lawmaker were neither served nor informed of the change in date.

“Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo’s lawyers were not served either were they aware of the change of date or reason for the change of date and as such were not available to defend him”, the statement disclosed.

”On Friday, May 13″, the statement revealed, the Rivers State Government under the orders of Governor Nyesom Wike” caused “the State Police Commissioner, Friday Eboka” to produce Hon. Doctor Farah Dagogo in court despite “his very deteriorating health conditions.”

He equally alleged that some government officials prevented journalists from taking pictures, recording videos and entering.

“In fact, the police forcefully brought Hon Farah Dagogo on a stretcher” the Spokesman hinted.